London DVS ‘Direct Vision Standard’
The Direct Vision Standard (DVS) and safety permit for heavy goods vehicles (HGVs) requires all lorries over 12 tonnes gross vehicle weight to be granted a permit to enter or operate in Greater London. The scheme was created to improve the safety of all road users, including pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists
The Direct Vision Standard measures how much an HGV driver can see directly through their cab windows. This indicates the level of risk to vulnerable road users, such as people walking and cycling, near the vehicle.
The Direct Vision Standard and HGV Safety Permit for HGVs is part of the Mayor of London’s Vision Zero plan to eliminate all deaths and serious injuries on London’s transport network by 2041.
Required for compliance
- A fully operational Blind Spot camera monitoring system with an in cab monitor.
- A side detection sensor system with driver alerts to be fitted the near side of the vehicle.
- An audible *left-turn alarm to be fitted to the vehicle to warn road users when the vehicle is maneuvering left.
- Side-underrun protection with class V and VI mirrors.
- External pictorial stickers and markings shall be displayed on the vehicles to warn road users of hazards around the vehicle.
What we offer to meet compliance
- Left Hand Side Camera System : internally mounted LCD 7″ Colour Monitor and Externally mounted left hand side camera
- Brigade Side Scan System ; Externally mounted Left Turn Alarm warning pedestrians of vehicle turning left and Ultrasonic side scan system to alert driver of obstacles
- Installation Certificate
Supplied and fitted £815 ex vat
We can also offer to meet TFL and Clocks Packages
- 4 way HD Camera DVR
- LED Lighting Packages
- Pedestrian Awareness Systems
Our 4 Way camera system consists of a 1080p HD 4 channel DVR, with a 1TB Hard Disk, 7″ Colour LCD monitor, 4x 1080p HD camera
Our pedestrian awareness system from Brigade uses a set of externally mounted sensors down the left side of the vehicle alerting the driver of pedestrians and obstacles with a internal alarm to warn the driver and a external to warn pedestrian the vehicle is turning left
Lighting Packs consist of front and rear LED Amber Beacons and a LED Roof Mounted Light Bar
Installation Certificate Supplied for all equipment supplied and existing equipment tested